The recession is an opportunity for some. Wyse reckons it can boost its thin client business by pushing its thin client server running as a virtual machine overcoming Windows thin client inadequacies. Replacing desktop PCs is the traditional Wyse story, now with added server virtualisation aspects and extra relevance because …
Thin clinet is the future
Virtualization combined with thin clients should replace a lot of PCs...
You can also try Sun ray thin client technology, it seems thinner :-)
as zvonr has raised Sun Ray, how does the Wyse setup compare with hot desking?
Oh, and as we've both mentioned Sun I guess Mr Bryant will be along shortly; how does Wyse's offering compare with HP - I seem to remember a sales pitch from an HP reseller a while back about one blade per desktop?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs