Three directors of digital currency firm e-gold avoided a spell behind bars on Thursday after earlier pleading guilty to offences for money laundering and running an unlicensed money transfer business. The three directors, along with the e-gold company itself and parent firm Gold & Silver Reserve, were charged in April 2007 with …
That's "slack jawed" verification.
Government hates competition
This is another example of the government not wanting competition. I mean, just like there is a reason that there are laws against theft, the reason they have laws against money "laundering" is that the government wants to keep its monopoly.
They nearly got away with it...
They nearly managed to allow business to operate without the government sticking its rubberised finger where the sun doesn't shine... it couldn't last.
They couldn't beat the bastards, so now they will join them I suppose. The leniency of the sentence would suggest this anyway.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan