back to article Sony pours water on fiery Blu-ray Disc sales forecasts

Blu-ray Disc sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior Sony staffer has warned. But the HD disc format will still be a popular purchase during the holiday season, he added. Speaking to newsagency Reuters, Stan Glasgow, head of Sony's electronics business in the US, said that the world sales target of 5m BD …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Flame

Well Duh...

"Blu-ray Disc sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior Sony staffer has warned."

Sorry, is this headline news these days, or had nobody told el-reg there is a credit crunch.

You can apply that statement to ANYTHING (execpt Cash Converters, Bailifts, and Repossion firms).

"Car sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior Ford staffer has warned."

"Console sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior Xbox staffer has warned."

"Camera sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior Cannon staffer has warned."

"Laptop sales won't meet previously enthusiastic predictions, a senior HP staffer has warned."

You get the point. Wake up please, and stop posting these slow news story days, all it does it give the Sony haters an errection, nothing else...

Too expensive

That's in part because the difference offered by Blu-ray and DVD is not that significant, and the price is too high for Blu-Ray discs.

I refuse to pay over £20 for a film......£15 max for a new title.

I am happy with DVD quality and price...despite having 2 blu-ray players.

translated

Translated Sony Press release..

"Consumers are actually more intelligent than we believed, they don't seem willing to buy into out monopolistic view of the world, but don't worry... we'll get them in the end"

PS I'm not a Sony hater, I'm an evil corporation hater.

@James

If you are paying more than £15 per film you are being conned.... with very little searching it's easy to find latest releases for that kind of money, maybe not at HMV etc but still...

But if you're happy with DVD quality and price that's excellent news.... but why did you buy 2 BR players??

Stop

@ Well Duh...

Nice try Mark, but you aren't fooling anyone.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums