Storage firm G-Technology has launched a four-strong range of Mac-friendly external hard drives, each cast from "aircraft grade" aluminium. gtech_mini_combo G-Tech's Mini Combo: one of four models available Every HDD in the fanless G-Drive range comes pre-formatted in the Mac’s native file format - HFS Plus - and supports Mac …
Nice, but starting at £100 is way overpriced
I use a USB 2.0 / Firewire 400 drive sold as being "Mac-friendly" (though, wisely, it shipped as FAT32 for compatibility's sake) with my PC. 160GB for about 50 quid. So a big premium for the aircraft-grade aluminium, which sounds suspiciously similar to that found on my bargain basement tennis racquet.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids