When we asked Reg readers for their views on virtualization last year, we thought we’d found the voice of reason. We still do. As a rule, mainstream businesses were getting stuck into x86 server virtualization, often in the name of consolidation. It was nice to have side effects, like smaller electricity bills and positive …
In a nutshell it does save us some pain. I admin a data center and we've virtualized a lot of the environment which is good, saves me a kicking from the FD to be honest as much as anything else
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide