Feeds

back to article Mobe firm gives birth to pair of kid tracking phones

Not in the least discouraged by the abject failure of the last two attempts, Mobile Please has announced two new handsets aimed at paranoid parents while styled for their kiddies. The Teddyphone is aimed at the very young, while the G-Phone targets a slightly older demographic. Both handsets offer remote tracking and pre-defined …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Boffin

Teddy phone?

I guess this is aimed at those paranoid about kids being snatched rather than those paranoid about kids' brains being boiled by microwave radiation.

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Cos that's just what your 10-year old needs.

OK, so it looks like a teddy and is probably quite sturdy (waterproof?), but does a 10-year old need to be making calls to arrange meetings and keep in touch with friends? What about call charges?

Unexploited niche market? No. A bloody stupid idea.

Sam

Too obvious?

Just chip the little bastards...

Coat

I'm not afraid of Bill Ray

Mobe? I thought we'd banished that word. I suppose you wrote that article on your lappy....

Mines the one with the Nelly the Elephant logo on the lapels

Joke

@Richard

10-year old? My 6-year old would be embarrassed to be seen with that!

I suppose it would be a boon to all those parents that leave their toddlers alone whilst out at the pub - just train him to dial your number if he's scared or the building's on fire...

Not exactly new

Not exactly new.. the "bear" phone has been around since 2005: http://www.mobilegazette.com/buddy-bear-051026.htm

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Not exactly new

True - but no-one's launched it in the UK before, which makes this news for us. I suspect some careful searching will reveal the G-Phone to have had an earlier incarnation too, though it's a lot harder to search for a limited-feature-clamshell than it is a teddy-shaped phone.

Thanks for the link though - I was sure I'd seen it before but failed to find such a fine reference.

Bill.

Bronze badge

@ Richard

If its like the Disney phones sold in the states, the parents have to program in the numbers they call..

Shades of "I always do what teddy says"

Getting closer to the Harry Harrison science fiction story "I Always Do What Teddy Says", about the toys used to program children for correct thought.

Thumb Up

The Teddyphone is the one on the left

Best, Caption, Ever.

Genius!

"the G-Phone targets a slightly older demographic..."

surely that should be:

"the G-Phone irradiates a slightly older demographic..."

Boffin

Unnecessary

The networks can offer this service on any mobile. No need for a special device.

This topic is closed for new posts.