New York’s Times Square is going eco-friendly, sort of. A giant billboard powered by solar and wind energy is to be installed at the city’s famous landmark. Ricoh_billboard_01 The billboard's powered by wind and solar power Images courtesy of the New York Times The curved billboard is equipped with 16 wind turbines and 64 …
defeats the object? no...
"Ricoh’s sign will also be aided by 16 300W floodlights, which sort of defeats the object, doesn’t it?"
No, the object is to power those floodlights with solar/wind. The sign itself is passive.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM