New York’s Times Square is going eco-friendly, sort of. A giant billboard powered by solar and wind energy is to be installed at the city’s famous landmark. Ricoh_billboard_01 The billboard's powered by wind and solar power Images courtesy of the New York Times The curved billboard is equipped with 16 wind turbines and 64 …
defeats the object? no...
"Ricoh’s sign will also be aided by 16 300W floodlights, which sort of defeats the object, doesn’t it?"
No, the object is to power those floodlights with solar/wind. The sign itself is passive.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle