New York’s Times Square is going eco-friendly, sort of. A giant billboard powered by solar and wind energy is to be installed at the city’s famous landmark. Ricoh_billboard_01 The billboard's powered by wind and solar power Images courtesy of the New York Times The curved billboard is equipped with 16 wind turbines and 64 …
defeats the object? no...
"Ricoh’s sign will also be aided by 16 300W floodlights, which sort of defeats the object, doesn’t it?"
No, the object is to power those floodlights with solar/wind. The sign itself is passive.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging