New York’s Times Square is going eco-friendly, sort of. A giant billboard powered by solar and wind energy is to be installed at the city’s famous landmark. Ricoh_billboard_01 The billboard's powered by wind and solar power Images courtesy of the New York Times The curved billboard is equipped with 16 wind turbines and 64 …
defeats the object? no...
"Ricoh’s sign will also be aided by 16 300W floodlights, which sort of defeats the object, doesn’t it?"
No, the object is to power those floodlights with solar/wind. The sign itself is passive.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory