Adobe Systems' chief technology officer has placed his faith standards bodies to help overcome Balkanization in an important web technology, despite losing a recent round of vendor combat. Kevin Lynch said at MAX that Adobe would continue participation in bodies like ECMA, even though they aren't moving as fast as his company …
next version of AIR to use Squirrelfish?
So if the next version of AIR is going to use Squirrelfish, does that mean Adobe will contribute ActionScript language features (packages, classes, method/property visibility, etc.) to it?
By the sounds of it, ECMA's going to end up irrelevant—even though they rejected ECMAscript 4 as proposed by Adobe, all of the runtimes will likely end up with support for all of the proposed ES4 features *anyway*. Possible exception of Microsoft's, but Adobe could possibly pull a clever trick in bundling a WSH engine along with the Flash player to render this moot.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM