The annual Supercomputing 2008 trade show kicked off this morning in Austin, Texas with a sales call keynote by local billionaire and sometime HPC player, Michael Dell. As chairman and once again chief executive officer of a company that's trying to make a more substantial run at the HPC area, he can be forgiven (perhaps) for …
"20 watts of energy"
Hmm, would you buy a computer from a man who doesn't know the difference between power and energy?
However, this does represent an opportunity to fill a gap in The Register Big List Of Alternative Units. For instance: "Intel's Nehalem processors, aka Core i7, hit a TDP of 6.5 Brains".
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?