The annual Supercomputing 2008 trade show kicked off this morning in Austin, Texas with a sales call keynote by local billionaire and sometime HPC player, Michael Dell. As chairman and once again chief executive officer of a company that's trying to make a more substantial run at the HPC area, he can be forgiven (perhaps) for …
"20 watts of energy"
Hmm, would you buy a computer from a man who doesn't know the difference between power and energy?
However, this does represent an opportunity to fill a gap in The Register Big List Of Alternative Units. For instance: "Intel's Nehalem processors, aka Core i7, hit a TDP of 6.5 Brains".
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab