The annual Supercomputing 2008 trade show kicked off this morning in Austin, Texas with a sales call keynote by local billionaire and sometime HPC player, Michael Dell. As chairman and once again chief executive officer of a company that's trying to make a more substantial run at the HPC area, he can be forgiven (perhaps) for …
"20 watts of energy"
Hmm, would you buy a computer from a man who doesn't know the difference between power and energy?
However, this does represent an opportunity to fill a gap in The Register Big List Of Alternative Units. For instance: "Intel's Nehalem processors, aka Core i7, hit a TDP of 6.5 Brains".
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED