Amazon's ever-cumulating cloud is today rolling into the business of speedy Internet content delivery. The online bookseller today flipped the beta switch on Amazon CloudFront, a new service that caches high-traffic content on the company's worldwide network of edge locations so it's always near the end-user for low latency …
United States of A
WTF I've heard US of A, USA, United States of America, but United States of A never.
Don't tread on me!
I'm back in the...
@ AC 11.18 23:59 GMT: Actually, these days, it's more like the USSA.
@ Austin Modine: Hey! You! Get offa' my cloud!
Sorry; El Reg has been reporting on "cloud computing" for so long without doing a Rolling Stones reference...somebody had to do it.
pricing by location
great. that makes cost planning easy, and invoicing a treat to verify.
Prices change daily?
A pricing calendar no less, do prices change daily then? :) I'll assume you mean calculator.
Poor mens CDN
It's dirt cheap but you pay for what you get: plain web caching and some DNS routing. Low service level, no support, no streaming, no statistics. And setup is horribly difficult. CloudFront is the poor mens CDN!
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad