Apple executive-in-waiting Mark Papermaster is countersuing his former employer IBM for attempting to bar his employment in Cupertino. IBM recently sued the former chip guru and longtime staffer in New York federal court, accusing him of breaking his non-compete agreement. Big Blue says his intimate knowledge of IBM's Power …
Deliver a decisive blow to the non compete mafia..
Looks IBM is nailed. All he has to do is get it moved to Texas ands its over . IBM should be hit with fines two. They should of never filed in New York since he worked in Texas.
Win Win ...... an IBM Special for XXXXPerienced Novices/Old Hands/the Best of Brains*
"Big Blue says his intimate knowledge of IBM's Power microprocessor technology makes him a security risk at Apple." ..... Err, that would be a security asset at Apple, methinks. And it is not microprocessor technology which Big Blue IBM has lost/is losing in the Power game, it is Processor Design Architecture for Control of Power chipped technologies. And Papermaster is just but one of many discovering that Established Cloud Field/Layer/SAP Development Protocol.
Given its SAP Root ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_AG .... one could also suspect that IBM doth protest too much to conceal effectively their silken trojan.
* Well, that is what they will be competing/jousting against, m'dear.... although whether the Old Guard have the necessary Future Zeroday Skillsets to be a Lead Major Player in a World of Greater Eastern Chip Control Investment and Support is the Present Enigma and Great Game Morph Actuality.
Which you may Realise is nothing more or less than a MMORPG for Reality, Virtually.
Bah IBM are such hypocrites
The internal IP training @ IBM show that non-compete clauses are not necessary anyway. If Apple released anything with IBM trade secrets they could sue Apple and Papermaster into oblivion.
Maybe amanfromMars is right and they are just trying to cover the fact that he is really a plant (although that would clearly be against the "Trust and Integrity" part of the corporate vision).
It really shows up the internal propaganda as a stinky pill of manure when you see the company acting like this (not that this comes as any surprise, I've been aware of it for a long while now).
aManFromMars is getting a lot better these days, almost that entire first paragraph made sense!
<- In small print, 'commentards'
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars