Modem maker Huawei, best known in the UK as the manufacturer of various carriers' HSDPA 3G dongles, has unveiled plans to make smartphones based on Google’s Android OS. During a media tour in Shenzhen, China last week, the company confirmed plans to produce Android devices, which will be branded and sold by network operators. …
Um... Huawei is one of the world's largest telecommunications equipment vendors, with something like USD$12 billion in 2007 revenue.
Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
re: Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
Not since they started making their modern non-RPN crap.
Yes, I know HP still make some RPN calculators - and I have one (+ a few older ones) but these are now second class citizens and RPN is only a "mode". Gone is the big proud ENTER key.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court