Modem maker Huawei, best known in the UK as the manufacturer of various carriers' HSDPA 3G dongles, has unveiled plans to make smartphones based on Google’s Android OS. During a media tour in Shenzhen, China last week, the company confirmed plans to produce Android devices, which will be branded and sold by network operators. …
Um... Huawei is one of the world's largest telecommunications equipment vendors, with something like USD$12 billion in 2007 revenue.
Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
re: Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
Not since they started making their modern non-RPN crap.
Yes, I know HP still make some RPN calculators - and I have one (+ a few older ones) but these are now second class citizens and RPN is only a "mode". Gone is the big proud ENTER key.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads