Modem maker Huawei, best known in the UK as the manufacturer of various carriers' HSDPA 3G dongles, has unveiled plans to make smartphones based on Google’s Android OS. During a media tour in Shenzhen, China last week, the company confirmed plans to produce Android devices, which will be branded and sold by network operators. …
Um... Huawei is one of the world's largest telecommunications equipment vendors, with something like USD$12 billion in 2007 revenue.
Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
re: Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
Not since they started making their modern non-RPN crap.
Yes, I know HP still make some RPN calculators - and I have one (+ a few older ones) but these are now second class citizens and RPN is only a "mode". Gone is the big proud ENTER key.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR