Modem maker Huawei, best known in the UK as the manufacturer of various carriers' HSDPA 3G dongles, has unveiled plans to make smartphones based on Google’s Android OS. During a media tour in Shenzhen, China last week, the company confirmed plans to produce Android devices, which will be branded and sold by network operators. …
Um... Huawei is one of the world's largest telecommunications equipment vendors, with something like USD$12 billion in 2007 revenue.
Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
re: Would you describe HP as a "calculator manufacturer"?
Not since they started making their modern non-RPN crap.
Yes, I know HP still make some RPN calculators - and I have one (+ a few older ones) but these are now second class citizens and RPN is only a "mode". Gone is the big proud ENTER key.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats