back to article China to offer detox to net junkies

China's ministry of health is set to recognise net addiction as a "clinical disease" and will next year formally define the condition, the Telegraph reports. The ministry classifies an addict as someone who spends "at least six hours" a day glued to the internet, and who suffers symptoms such as "irritation, difficulty in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

S'me

"at least six hours" a day glued to the internet, and who suffers symptoms such as "irritation, difficulty in concentration or sleeping, mental or physical distress and a yearning to get back online".

That sounds suspiciously like my job...apart from the yearning to get back online bit, if it was yearning to neck a cold beer, then yup.

Joke

Electro-shock

Sounds good, link all those WoWarcrackheads up to electro-shock machines so when they get pwned they also get bzzt

Anonymous Coward

Internet addiction is not an illness in itself

It's a symptom of an illness, which is itself caused by a combination of stress, boredom, and severe proneness to procrastination.

Anonymous Coward

Not for Hackers though

They are directed to the Whitehouse or other interesting sites.

Black Helicopters

Data Farmers get physical

Looks like they just found a new source of farmers...

for the Rice Paddies

hmmm sounds more like the VC

Thumb Down

>"hypnosis and mild electro-shock therapy"

AKA brainwashing and torture.

Coat

So what this means

Is everyone who reads El Reg pretty much, is an addict?? Hmm wonder what the methadone-like drug will be for us. My vote is for Lager.

/Mines the one with the doctor note to go drinking.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums