China's ministry of health is set to recognise net addiction as a "clinical disease" and will next year formally define the condition, the Telegraph reports. The ministry classifies an addict as someone who spends "at least six hours" a day glued to the internet, and who suffers symptoms such as "irritation, difficulty in …
"at least six hours" a day glued to the internet, and who suffers symptoms such as "irritation, difficulty in concentration or sleeping, mental or physical distress and a yearning to get back online".
That sounds suspiciously like my job...apart from the yearning to get back online bit, if it was yearning to neck a cold beer, then yup.
Sounds good, link all those WoWarcrackheads up to electro-shock machines so when they get pwned they also get bzzt
Internet addiction is not an illness in itself
It's a symptom of an illness, which is itself caused by a combination of stress, boredom, and severe proneness to procrastination.
Not for Hackers though
They are directed to the Whitehouse or other interesting sites.
Data Farmers get physical
Looks like they just found a new source of farmers...
for the Rice Paddies
hmmm sounds more like the VC
>"hypnosis and mild electro-shock therapy"
AKA brainwashing and torture.
So what this means
Is everyone who reads El Reg pretty much, is an addict?? Hmm wonder what the methadone-like drug will be for us. My vote is for Lager.
/Mines the one with the doctor note to go drinking.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws