270 staff at UIQ - the graphical layer left homeless by the launch of the Symbian Foundation - have been put on notice that they could lose their jobs real soon now. But Sony Ericsson is going to cover their pay for the next month or two. The staff, most of whom are based in Sweden, were told on Wednesday that their jobs were …
I much prefer UIQ to S60. My G900 is a joy to use - so much attention to detail throughout. At the same time you can see that some of the applications have been getting a bit long in the tooth - think this has less to do with the UIS and more to do with Symbian.
who didn't see this coming? i love uiq, it's only handset numbers from nokia devotees from the old 3300 days who bought into S60 despite it's bloody awful interfac which mean S60 has won. it's beta and vhs all over again.
i mean, seriously, how many keypresses and menus do you need to send a simple text??
i'll be the one recasing my p990 and buying a spare.
farewell uiq, hello awful nokia phones in perpetuity.
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?