Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said he was not interested in becoming chief technology officer for the nation under President Barack Obama. Obama gained decent support from Silicon Valley and intends to appoint a national CTO to improve the US government's use of technology. He also supports net neutrality, improvements to US …
America's Next CTO?
"Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said he was not interested in becoming chief technology officer for the nation under President Barack Obama."
And if I was Obama, I wouldn't hire him. Dude's a short-timer. No vision.
>step forward Mr Ted Dziuba.
Please don't. Ted's a clueless idiot.
Personally, I think CTOs belong at the company level, not the national level.
even Dick Cheney
Scraping the bottom of the barrel ?
yes I have it on already
Billy Gates is probably willing to sacrifice his work for charity and share his knowledge of the free and open inter.NET for the Good of the country and the world in general (and his lovechild in particular). I don't think he'll let this Window of opportunity pass by.
Just what I want, Google grabbing more power and knowledge.
Glad he's not interested, my blood pressure went down a lot when I heard that.
When will El Reg come up with an Gevil icon?
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?