Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said he was not interested in becoming chief technology officer for the nation under President Barack Obama. Obama gained decent support from Silicon Valley and intends to appoint a national CTO to improve the US government's use of technology. He also supports net neutrality, improvements to US …
America's Next CTO?
"Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said he was not interested in becoming chief technology officer for the nation under President Barack Obama."
And if I was Obama, I wouldn't hire him. Dude's a short-timer. No vision.
>step forward Mr Ted Dziuba.
Please don't. Ted's a clueless idiot.
Personally, I think CTOs belong at the company level, not the national level.
even Dick Cheney
Scraping the bottom of the barrel ?
yes I have it on already
Billy Gates is probably willing to sacrifice his work for charity and share his knowledge of the free and open inter.NET for the Good of the country and the world in general (and his lovechild in particular). I don't think he'll let this Window of opportunity pass by.
Just what I want, Google grabbing more power and knowledge.
Glad he's not interested, my blood pressure went down a lot when I heard that.
When will El Reg come up with an Gevil icon?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes