LittleBigPlanet online players are in uproar over Sony's decision to delete user-created levels if they violate the copyright clauses in the game's Ts&Cs. The recently released title’s official online forum has become overrun with posts from gamers, each anxious to know why their lovingly crafted levels have been deleted from …
T's & C's Actually Apply, in "We Warned You" Shocker!!
Geez, whatever next.
"FURORE AS DRIVERS TICKETED FOR EXCEEDING POSTED SPEED LIMITS"?
"FURORE AS PSYCHOPATHS LOCKED UP FOR MURDERING FELLOW HUMANS"?
"FURORE AS BOOK LOVERS FINED FOR NOT RETURNING BOOKS TO THE LIBRARY ON TIME"?
"FURORE AS 11 YEAR OLD REFUSED SERVICE IN LIQUOR STORE"?
Must be a slow news day in The Register offices.
<grumble>Not allowed to play...
...until I finish the decorating.
Posted anonymously cos if she finds out she'll have me decorating the hall as well. Black helicopter icon cos she KNOWS things she can't possibly have found out through legitimate channels!
1. removal of user generated content which violates T&C is fair game to me. Users should be more careful to learn their rights before submitting the content.
2. allowing this content in the first place and removing it on later date is very unfair, as it gives appearance that Sony does not really care for its T&C and must resorts to informers to enforce it. They should not have provided the feature if they do not want to policy it themself.
Anyway, I'm not affected as I do not do any business with Sony, having learned about trojans they infected their music CDs with. Although it was long time ago, corporate culture do not change. I think those affected learned the same lesson.
Mine's the one with another corporation's logo on the back
Don't be daft.
If you're going to create a level and plaster it with tits, Mario, Sonic and Luke Skywalker snogging Darth, then don't bitch and moan when it gets pulled.
Perhaps a way around this is a public/private flag for the user define content. Private maps can be accessed by a pre-approved group of friends with no public viewing.
Took my level down
Which i used to play by myself which was a picture of a big ps3 with my penis in it
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone