A sign of ongoing weak supplies of Intel's Atom - or a signal to the chip giant that it needs to pull its fabrication finger out. Whatever, Acer has hinted it may look elsewhere for its next netbook processor. According to OEM sources cited by DigiTimes, Acer might go for an AMD CPU, or it might turn to VIA for the the machine's …
You would hope so too! Pointless spin from Intel.
Still, using another processor might mean they can dump Intel's crappy power-hungry chipset and make the machine both fanless and have better battery life.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire