Printing pictures is a bit of a rarity these days. So US printer specialist Zink has stuck a digital camera onto the top of a portable printer to ensure you’ve always got both to hand. Xiao_01 Zink's TIP-521 is a camera and printer combined The TIP-521 sports a five-megapixel camera at one end and a printer at the other, …
Reminds me of a Polaroid ...
Been there, done that...
Polaroid had a long, good run. There've already been digital cameras that would let you snap a pic and then, at your leisure, commit it to emulsion via the integrated Polaroid photo printer. Thus:
Zink's "inkless printing" is just Polaroid film all over again, except with heat instead of light to set the image. And with a much smaller market, so you can bet it'll be more expensive, and discontinued sooner.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK