Printing pictures is a bit of a rarity these days. So US printer specialist Zink has stuck a digital camera onto the top of a portable printer to ensure you’ve always got both to hand. Xiao_01 Zink's TIP-521 is a camera and printer combined The TIP-521 sports a five-megapixel camera at one end and a printer at the other, …
Reminds me of a Polaroid ...
Been there, done that...
Polaroid had a long, good run. There've already been digital cameras that would let you snap a pic and then, at your leisure, commit it to emulsion via the integrated Polaroid photo printer. Thus:
Zink's "inkless printing" is just Polaroid film all over again, except with heat instead of light to set the image. And with a much smaller market, so you can bet it'll be more expensive, and discontinued sooner.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip