Feeds

back to article Cops collar Craigslist Thomas Crown

Police say they've caught the armored truck robber who craftily recruited a crowd of unwitting, identically-dressed accomplices on Craigslist to serve as decoys for his getaway. On Monday, 28-year-old Anthony Curcio was nabbed by FBI agents and local police in a Target store parking lot on suspicion of robbery of the first …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Unhappy

Awww...

...I was kind of rooting for the guy. He had class.

Thumb Down

Almost a smart guy....

...unfortunately for him, it's not so.

Thumb Up

Good effort

Like the plan, particularly the flashmob-distraction tactics. Well thought-out, and reasonably well-executed.

Nice to see it got foiled by some smart guy being suspicious of odd stuff and so making an innocuous note of the licence plate. Smart work.

Thumb Up

Awwwwwwwwww.

So close...

Free the craiglist one.

Better effort than most

To be fair to this guy his plan was about a hundred times smarter than most robbers could manage. Getting caught because of a vigilant (or nosey) citizen spotting something slightly related a couple of weeks earlier and bothering to tell the police was plain bad luck.

note: He, like most criminals deserves to be caught and punished, my point is merely that he applied more thought than most.

Shame

It was such a great plan I kind of wanted him to get away with it.

Anonymous Coward

Booo.

Sloppy tradecraft let a good caper down.

Thumb Up

insert title here

Top policing and well done to that observant person! Shame more aren't like that

Anonymous Coward

More likely someone snitched,

unlikely someone jotted down a number plate.

Police lie don't they, there really should be a law against it.

Happy

What a hero

He even stole the inner tube for his escape and someone else's wireless to create the caper! I bet he even nicked the unique choice of clothes from someone's washing line.

Gold badge

He's properly cattle-trucked then.

"....using someone else's wireless signal from his laptop,....."

Robbery - 6 months.

Assault - 18 months.

Unlawful access to a computer system with criminal intent - oops, that'll be the one where the key gets thrown away then.

Unhappy

his biggest mistake

Was not working in the banking or wall street trader industry where he could have stolen billions and never been questioned and never serve a day.

It'll be easier to organise flash mobs in prison

Even easier when everybody wears the same outfit! :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.