Struggling x64 chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has told platform suppliers it's a good time to talk about the imminent launch of "Shanghai," a 45 nanometer implementation of its quad-core Opteron chips for servers and workstations. You have to guess on when "imminent" might be, because AMD hasn't confirmed the Shanghai launch …
"anyone seen big blue?"
Well, if you expect to see IBM, HP, Dell and Sun at a tier-two vendor event, I am very interested in hearing who you'd expect at a tier-one vendor event???
@AC - What tier two event?
Are you calling AMD a 2nd tier citizen?
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed