Struggling x64 chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has told platform suppliers it's a good time to talk about the imminent launch of "Shanghai," a 45 nanometer implementation of its quad-core Opteron chips for servers and workstations. You have to guess on when "imminent" might be, because AMD hasn't confirmed the Shanghai launch …
"anyone seen big blue?"
Well, if you expect to see IBM, HP, Dell and Sun at a tier-two vendor event, I am very interested in hearing who you'd expect at a tier-one vendor event???
@AC - What tier two event?
Are you calling AMD a 2nd tier citizen?
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE