Struggling x64 chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has told platform suppliers it's a good time to talk about the imminent launch of "Shanghai," a 45 nanometer implementation of its quad-core Opteron chips for servers and workstations. You have to guess on when "imminent" might be, because AMD hasn't confirmed the Shanghai launch …
"anyone seen big blue?"
Well, if you expect to see IBM, HP, Dell and Sun at a tier-two vendor event, I am very interested in hearing who you'd expect at a tier-one vendor event???
@AC - What tier two event?
Are you calling AMD a 2nd tier citizen?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders