AMD has cut another 500 employees, vowing a return to the days when it actually made money. As reported by The AP, the shrinking chip maker said it would axe 3 per cent of its workforce on Wednesday, less than eight months after its last round of heavy layoffs. In April, 1,600 souls were let loose AMD had not responded to …
lets fire 500 then pocket the difference into the upper management and not into R&D and pretend the entire staff is happy about it.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?