Google is abandoning attempts to push through its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo! The two sides put the deal on hold while it was investigated by lawyers from the Department of Justice. The agreement would mean Google provided adverts for Yahoo! properties. Lawyers were concerned any tie-up would give Google an effective monopoly in …
Google's achilles heel?
They don't seem to want to attract the attention of the regulators, preferring to drop a lucrative deal rather than argue it out.
Hmm, I wonder why - could they perchance not want folk asking questions about data retention, privacy, advertising rates, placement, etc, particularly legal folk, with a fairly large legal toolbox, and a lot of case law to ask Google to open their dirty laundry.
Hey-ho, knowledge is power, and knowing what scares google is always useful
is so screwed now :)
Back in tone, eh ?
The shipment of exclamation marks has arrived, I see. Good.
Carry on, and so forth.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Analysis Uber, Lyft and cutting corners: The true face of the Sharing Economy