Google is abandoning attempts to push through its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo! The two sides put the deal on hold while it was investigated by lawyers from the Department of Justice. The agreement would mean Google provided adverts for Yahoo! properties. Lawyers were concerned any tie-up would give Google an effective monopoly in …
Google's achilles heel?
They don't seem to want to attract the attention of the regulators, preferring to drop a lucrative deal rather than argue it out.
Hmm, I wonder why - could they perchance not want folk asking questions about data retention, privacy, advertising rates, placement, etc, particularly legal folk, with a fairly large legal toolbox, and a lot of case law to ask Google to open their dirty laundry.
Hey-ho, knowledge is power, and knowing what scares google is always useful
is so screwed now :)
Back in tone, eh ?
The shipment of exclamation marks has arrived, I see. Good.
Carry on, and so forth.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory