Google is abandoning attempts to push through its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo! The two sides put the deal on hold while it was investigated by lawyers from the Department of Justice. The agreement would mean Google provided adverts for Yahoo! properties. Lawyers were concerned any tie-up would give Google an effective monopoly in …
Google's achilles heel?
They don't seem to want to attract the attention of the regulators, preferring to drop a lucrative deal rather than argue it out.
Hmm, I wonder why - could they perchance not want folk asking questions about data retention, privacy, advertising rates, placement, etc, particularly legal folk, with a fairly large legal toolbox, and a lot of case law to ask Google to open their dirty laundry.
Hey-ho, knowledge is power, and knowing what scares google is always useful
is so screwed now :)
Back in tone, eh ?
The shipment of exclamation marks has arrived, I see. Good.
Carry on, and so forth.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...