You're Sun Microsystems. You have a server lineup you brag about all the time. You have one of the best operating systems in the world in Solaris. And you shelled out $1bn in cold, hard cash to acquire the most popular open source database in the world, MySQL. And now you have figured out that it might be a good idea to sell …
Check out Zappos.com
Incredible internet company story.
They run everything on MySQL.....and drum role please.....on Linux on IBM Power systems
Don't go to Australia to get Uggs....just point and click to Zappos.com
What about ICL and IDMSX?
Going back to DB2, at least that's a serious database. MySQL isn't really in the same league, nice though it may be.
IBM has been selling the most popular micro computer on this planet with a bundled
db2 (from the beginning)
webserver (since a couple of 8 years)
and a bundle of other stuff
since 1980 or so.
it used to be called as400
it's called system I now.
I stands for integrated.
I think something in the 500K items.
paris, because she knew it too......
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK