Malware purveyors have wasted no time capitalizing on Barack Obama's landslide victory in the US presidential race. Within 12 hours of his acceptance speech Tuesday night, net users were being treated to scams involving Google AdWords and prodigious volumes of spam. The spam comes masked as dispatches from legitimate news …
How long til we see "Obama assassinated" used?
I get the feeling THAT title would have brought in a shitton more punters than merely showing his acceptance speech.....
In a year...
...we'll have a repeat article with the word "malware" replaced with "presidency" and "world+dog" replaced with "global economy".
...than my spam, which claims that, amongst other things, Obama is a woman and McCain has been spotted nude in public.
Most interesting thing about this attack...
...is the private network of name servers the miscreants have built to serve up the attack web sites, at least one of which was living for a time on a pwn3d box living in US military IP space.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip