How do I install fonts on the Linux version of the Acer Aspire One? Acer Aspire One I've got the font I want on a USB Flash drive, and I've found the Fonts folders on the Acer. But I can't seem to cut and paste the font file into the folder! Do you have any idea why this might be, or how one should install a new font?
First copy your font file - it's a .ttf, presumably - to your Documents folder, using the file manager.
Now press Alt+F2 to call up the Run Program dialog. Type 'Terminal' (without the quote marks) and hit Run.
When you have the Terminal window open in front of you, type 'sudo cp /home/user/Documents/font_name.ttf /usr/share/fonts/font_name.ttf' (again minus the quote marks).
Any apps you want to use the new font in should be quitted and then started again to recognise the new font.
See also Ten Tips for a new Aspire One:
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- All ABOARD! Furious Facebook bus drivers join Teamsters union
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Spawn of Galaxy Alpha and a Note 3 unveiled
- Webcam hacker pervs in MASS HOME INVASION
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop