How do I install fonts on the Linux version of the Acer Aspire One? Acer Aspire One I've got the font I want on a USB Flash drive, and I've found the Fonts folders on the Acer. But I can't seem to cut and paste the font file into the folder! Do you have any idea why this might be, or how one should install a new font?
First copy your font file - it's a .ttf, presumably - to your Documents folder, using the file manager.
Now press Alt+F2 to call up the Run Program dialog. Type 'Terminal' (without the quote marks) and hit Run.
When you have the Terminal window open in front of you, type 'sudo cp /home/user/Documents/font_name.ttf /usr/share/fonts/font_name.ttf' (again minus the quote marks).
Any apps you want to use the new font in should be quitted and then started again to recognise the new font.
See also Ten Tips for a new Aspire One:
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know