How do I install fonts on the Linux version of the Acer Aspire One? Acer Aspire One I've got the font I want on a USB Flash drive, and I've found the Fonts folders on the Acer. But I can't seem to cut and paste the font file into the folder! Do you have any idea why this might be, or how one should install a new font?
First copy your font file - it's a .ttf, presumably - to your Documents folder, using the file manager.
Now press Alt+F2 to call up the Run Program dialog. Type 'Terminal' (without the quote marks) and hit Run.
When you have the Terminal window open in front of you, type 'sudo cp /home/user/Documents/font_name.ttf /usr/share/fonts/font_name.ttf' (again minus the quote marks).
Any apps you want to use the new font in should be quitted and then started again to recognise the new font.
See also Ten Tips for a new Aspire One:
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan