NetApp is introducing a FAS 3160 in the middle of its mid-range FAS 3000 storage array line. As rumoured back in September the FAS 3160 fits between the entry-level FAS 3140 and high-end 3170 products. The previous 3020 entry-level machine is being 'end-of-lifed', leaving just the two 3100 products. Competing Clariion and AMS …
3000-series and 3100-series
"The previous 3020 entry-level machine is being 'end-of-lifed', leaving just the two 3100 products."
The 3020 is from the 3000-series line, not the 3100-series. There are two 3000-series products left, the 3040 and the 3070. The 3100-series now has three products, 3140, 3160 and 3170. A look at NetApp's product pages could have told you that.
Paris because it was a stupid mistake that the editor could have caught with 15 seconds of research.
Stupid and 15 seconds
My understanding, from NetApp, is that the 3040 and 3070 were replaced by the 3140 and 3170. The 3020 was kept on as the entry level to the 3000/3100 line. It is going away leaving a 2-model line-up and the previously presumed gap for a mid-range 3100 model. Now along comes the 3160 and we have a 3-model 3100 line.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests