I think you mean "foxit"
rather than "fixit".
"affects older versions"
Does this include Acrobat 5, the one I use, because it's free of the major bloat in subsequent versions? Acrobat 5 reads everything it's ever needed to, despite the very occasional warnings about "files newer than your version"????
Acrobat reader alternative?
I agree with AC's comments on Acrobat Reader bloat. I'm also sick of getting pop-up reminders about updates every time I open a PDF (and that's with a recent version of the program). Fair enough, it's good to know that they're offering updates to improve security, but as far as I know it's not possible to set the program to check for updates only once a month or so. I'm going to give an alternative - PDF Xchange Viewer a try.
...Be happy. Get rid of Adobe Reader and get Foxit Reader. Free, works beautifully, lasts a long time. Well, for Windows.
Core security Vulnerability Advisory
Here's a link to the actual Core Security vulnerability advisory on the CoreLabs homepage: http://www.coresecurity.com/content/adobe-reader-buffer-overflow .
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report