No-one's ever accused Sun Microsystems of knowing how to sell software, yet the giant is about to start telling other people how they should go about it. The company plans today to start educating members of its Partner Advantage Program in the mysteries of pre-sales and marketing, systems engineering and architecture, using …
It really makes me laugh.
Marketing. Totally cracks me up how badly they continue to miss the mark.
We have a long established product in UNIX[tm]-like OSes.
We have a long established market for said OSes.
We have a long established corporate footing with said OSes.
We have a long established culture surrounding said OSes.
And yet, still, after all these years, Marketing doesn't get it ... and refuses to allow themselves to listen to people who DO get it.
On the other hand, I guess I'll be making money fixing "corporate UN*X" for a few more years. Keeps a roof over head, and the dogs in kibble.
Sales Training for software
I would have thought it was easier just to do what they normally do and give the stuff away.......
Mines the one with 'Java is the future' on the back
Those that can't do, teach....
...those that can't teach, teach PE.
Those that can't do it, teach it.
and those that can't teach it, go into journalism...
Yeah, cheap shot, but we all have to get our Monday blues antidote somehow..
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...