In the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show this year was 3M's Mobile Projection Engine, a tiny projector - the vision is that we’ll all have one embedded in our mobile phones etc. Such products have yet to see the light of day, but the next best thing has: the 3M MPro110 portable projector. About the size of a chocolate …
I'm waiting for this one
... it's let down by the execution and the low battery life. Otherwise I could have hours of fun with this and my laptot down the pub. More seriously, if the technology can be improved I'd probably go for it. I can think of times when it would have been worth its weight in gold.
It's already happened
Mobile phone with built-in projector... $345.
I could do with one of these, It would certainly be a LOT less cumbersome than a full sized jobber... but whats the bulb like?? normal fragile incandessant? or a hi-power LED array??
I'm sure Apple might have a problem with that, not that they'll be able to do much about it!
we got one of these last week and i had the same problem with the vga connector
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?