In the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show this year was 3M's Mobile Projection Engine, a tiny projector - the vision is that we’ll all have one embedded in our mobile phones etc. Such products have yet to see the light of day, but the next best thing has: the 3M MPro110 portable projector. About the size of a chocolate …
I'm waiting for this one
... it's let down by the execution and the low battery life. Otherwise I could have hours of fun with this and my laptot down the pub. More seriously, if the technology can be improved I'd probably go for it. I can think of times when it would have been worth its weight in gold.
It's already happened
Mobile phone with built-in projector... $345.
I could do with one of these, It would certainly be a LOT less cumbersome than a full sized jobber... but whats the bulb like?? normal fragile incandessant? or a hi-power LED array??
I'm sure Apple might have a problem with that, not that they'll be able to do much about it!
we got one of these last week and i had the same problem with the vga connector
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'