I'm looking for a product similar to the Freecom Datatank Gateway. Can anyone suggest a good alternative? Freecom Datatank WLAN I was originally going to get the Freecom, but after reading some reviews it didn't seem that good. Are there any good alternatives? All I want is a 1TB HDD with wireless features, Raid 1 technology …
It lacks RAID, but I'd recommend a 1TB Apple Time Capsule. It's a wireless router with on-board storage - there's a USB 2.0 port to add more - and printer sharing. I have the 512GB version, which I use as a media store and file-swap facility for a couple of Macs, my partner's Vaio and my kid's netbook - my own netbook too.
Works a treat and is reasonably priced. And you can access its content remotely over the internet.
More here: http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/
What you can do is put an external USB drive into the Time Capsule and schedule backups to it also.
I love my TC. It works seamlessly and is incredibly quick!
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great