Microsoft has claimed that the Xbox 360 now offers such good value for money that is doesn’t plan to cut the console’s prices any further - not for a long while, at least. Stephen McGill, Head of Gaming and Entertainment at Microsoft, told VideoGamer.com that the three-strong console range is at a "great" price now and so MS won …
Given that, contrary to the usual Rip Off Britain stories, the recent collapse of the pound has left our 360s costing rather less than the Americans' ones, I'm not exactly surprised by this. You can practically buy a 360 AND a Wii for the price of a PS3 again.
it doesn't seem logical that MS would need to make any further price cuts. Although the retailers seem to keep trying to (some kinda discounting offers going on from MS?? like with the supermarkets doing the £99 360's. If they do anything price related, it will over time no doubt more likely be they shift products around at the same prices. The Premium to the base model price, Elite to Premium's price, and the whatever they dream up next into the Elite price area.
But as it stands, at £99 for a base console, can't really see them needing to lower the price further. Thats pretty much in the end of life console price band once it gets under £100.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone