Asus unveiled its touchscreen desktop Eee PC, the Top 1602, late last week, touting the all-in-one box's "powerful multimedia capabilities". What, with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor and the chip giant's GMA 950 integrated graphics on board? "I think you overestimate their chances." Asus Eee Top 1602 Asus' Eee Top: slimline …
802.11n, or a draft form of 802.11n?
I really can't stand the number of devices claiming 802.11n support. It's still in draft form. Therefore it doesn't yet exist to be included.
It'd be like me proposing to a woman, then immediately referring to her as my wife, even before she's said yes, let alone gone through with a wedding.
One another less pedantic front, I'm not interested until it comes with Linux. Even then though, I'd probably wait for the EeeTV they were mentioning a while back.
You're right, it is 'draft 802.11n', but since the spec's as stable as it's ever likely to get, while it may not be an official standard, it is a de facto one. Even the Wi-Fi Alliance is certifying products for interoperability on the basis of 802.11n Draft 2.0 compatibility, and if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us.
802.11n Draft 2.0 = 802.11n
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests