back to article Asus intros £449 all-in-one desktop Eee

Asus unveiled its touchscreen desktop Eee PC, the Top 1602, late last week, touting the all-in-one box's "powerful multimedia capabilities". What, with a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor and the chip giant's GMA 950 integrated graphics on board? "I think you overestimate their chances." Asus Eee Top 1602 Asus' Eee Top: slimline …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

802.11n, or a draft form of 802.11n?

I really can't stand the number of devices claiming 802.11n support. It's still in draft form. Therefore it doesn't yet exist to be included.

It'd be like me proposing to a woman, then immediately referring to her as my wife, even before she's said yes, let alone gone through with a wedding.

One another less pedantic front, I'm not interested until it comes with Linux. Even then though, I'd probably wait for the EeeTV they were mentioning a while back.

(Written by Reg staff)

@Tim

You're right, it is 'draft 802.11n', but since the spec's as stable as it's ever likely to get, while it may not be an official standard, it is a de facto one. Even the Wi-Fi Alliance is certifying products for interoperability on the basis of 802.11n Draft 2.0 compatibility, and if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us.

802.11n Draft 2.0 = 802.11n

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums