back to article Beatles game is go

MTV and Apple Corps, the Beatles' licensing company, have put together a deal to bring the music of the Fab Four into a play-along video game. The as-yet unnamed game will be custom-built from the ground up, rather than simply a song extension to the popular Rock Band. A worldwide release will come before Christmas next year …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin Lyne
    Stop

All you need is..

..to be eternally overrated.

Yellow Submarine+Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds+The Rest != Lyrical genius.

2. Mark Lockwood
    Coat

Peace and love

What's the secret button combo to refuse to sign the high score leader board. Inquisitive minds have a right to know...

3. Robert St-John
    Heart

Wonder if it

will have a career mode where you can become a drug addict and wife beater and still be voted as one of the greatest britains ?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Giles Martin...

"Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles LOVE project, will work as music producer for the upcoming game."

That's Giles Martin, son of Sir George Martin, producer of most of the Beatles better stuff. Always good to have the right family connections!

5. Captain DaFt
    Happy

Apros beatle lyrics

Let's all get up and dance to a song

That was a hit before your mother was born.

Though she was born a long, long time ago

Your mother should know (Your mother should...)

Your mother should know (...know.)

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAGZ630vts

Lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Your-Mother-Should-Know-lyrics-The-Beatles/C0D2D62B519D6C7348256BC2001433C9

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Beatles Schmeatles!

I can see this game bombing like a reissue of Macca's Frog Chorus would!

Why? Because the Beatles are old news. My teenage kids don't give a flying fart in a thunderstorm who the Beatles are/were, and they are the game buyers in the family.

Paris, because I'm sure Sgt. Pepper would never have been lonely if she was nearby.

7. Anonymous from Mars
    Heart

BEATLES MMORPG

Come JOIN Sgt. Pepper's LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND!

Experience breathtaking worlds! TRAVEL BACK to the USSR! Stroll down the long and winding road to PENNY LANE. We GUARANTEE you'll never finish exploring the STRAWBERRY FIELDS!

CONVERSE RHYTHMICALLY with ENGAGING NPCs like Lucy, Eleanor Rigby, Jude, and Doctor Robert!

Find EPIC MOUNTS like the YELLOW SUBMARINE!

Play from over 40 character classes, including WALRUS, NOWHERE MAN, POSTMAN, HEARTS CLUB BANDIT, and LITTLE GIRL!

Collect DIAMONDS to ASCEND into the SKY!

Do you want to know a secret? Everybody's got something to hide - they're playing the Beatles MMORPG! Don't wait until you're sixty-four, shout for Beatles MMO now!

And don't forget to get a little help with your friends, too.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Oh heavens above!

I'm in my late thirties now, kids born in 1990 are doing their A-levels this year, that makes me feel old! I grew on a diet of mid-eighties thrash metal, even to my age group the late thirty/early forties mob, The Beatles mean very little, let alone anyone of serious game playing age. I am guessing that the average age of someone into the Beatles when they were big, is most likely around late fifties to early sixties, not a massive game playing demographic. OK granny might have "a wee bop" at Christmas, just to do something with the kids, but this will not last much past the 27th December!!

9. John Angelico
    Joke

Presumably...

Apple Corps is pronounced as the froggies would: "app'l core" ??

10. Mal Franks
    Happy

Call me an old fart

but I'd rather have an ELO one.

11. Daniel Wilkie
    Flame

Um

I'm sorry, I can't stand the Beatles :s The whole lot of them should be taken to a field and shot imho.

12. Elmer Phud
    IT Angle

re: Schmeatles

Yes they are old and boring. No, they were not the most important band of the last century (unless you are from the music biz)

But the market for shite nostalgia is always there, this is not aimed at young people but all those wet farts who really should have been taking drugs in their youth and not wasting time with a studio-based boy band.

'All you need is cash'

'Imagine all the people, rich as fuck like me'

'Can't buy me love, but gets me loads of fur coats'

'While my ex-accountant gently weeps'

There is no IT angle, apart from the sound of people being asked to input their PIN

13. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

Re: Um

Would a street in New York do instead of a field? That way we can reduce the showstopper problems inherent in satisfying your request from 2/4 to 1/4.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@Martin Lyne

"Lyrical genius"

They were a pop band, not a pretentious twat band.

15. Mike

Please let it be a FPS

Select your character from either Paul, George, John or Ringo pick up a pile of power-boosting LSDs, grab your flaming pies and get out there in the psychedelic world to cause some serious damage.

Use guitars & drumkits to smash up rooms, collect money and awards for no good reason (certainly not musical brilliance) and build up your band to world domination.

Battle evil bosses attempting to destroy your group (The Oko Yono whining beast), or take away all the money and awards you've collected (The one-legged Meather Hills creature)

Eat vegetarian lasagna to restore lost health.

The options are just so out there - bet they go for some shitty Rock Band-style game instead though

This topic is closed for new posts.