Asus has let slip that it's working on an Eee PC netbook with a discrete graphics chip for all you gamers who want to play the latest titles on the move without having to lug a 15in Alienware around. That, apparently, is what a company spokesman said recently, bizarre as it may seem. Details are scarce, so it's impossible to …
Raw physical force
Is the spokesman particularly weedy? I am no Arnie but can say my 15 incher (laptop) does not put any massive strain on my arms or back. Apart from professional gamers who need to hop from port to port (in the maritime sense of the word) I fail to see much use. Oh, and the poor warcrack addicts who are physically unable to tear themselves away from their pitiful half-lives of jumping between hotspot and hotspot in a mad rush to try to complete whatever mindless job keeps them in overpirced magic amulets and runed swords (or whatever).
er, haven't they already done this...
..that'd be the N10. Atom processor, 10-inch screen, Netbook resolution, nVidia dedicated GPU..
Seems a little bizarre, but what is worth considering is that the GPU doesn't need to be that powerful - as you'll only be running games at the lowest possible resolution.
Nothing new really though
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it