back to article DHS cybersecurity boss fights back against critics

The man in charge of running the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity efforts has defended its efforts in the face of congressional criticism. Homeland Security undersecretary defends Robert Jamison, the man in charge of coordinated US government cybersecurity efforts on a day to day basis, told El Reg that criticism …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Funny spindoktor!

Funny how "we waste humongouser and humongouserer piles of your money" is used as an excuse for the lack of actual results. I would have thought of it as aggravating factor.

Hopefully some day the good people will wake up and a few heads end up on pikes. I'm thinking porkbarrel of the most major kind (blackwater, NSA, DHS and a few other utterly useless taxmoney blackholes).

Tim

The false eye of providence

There are many inexpensive yet effective things can be done to protect national infrastructures. Unfortunately such approaches aren't sexy and the don't satisfy the financial needs of the multi-billion pound security industry. Priorities have been forgotten. Continuing to fight an expensive phony war, we are in grave danger of losing our freedoms in the process.

Heart

Imagine ... Just if....

Just imagine if one day DHS goes outright and buys a commercial security company to secure the govt........

I would not be surprised.

No IT worker worth over 80k would want to work for DHS for half that..

Pork Scratchings...

Erm - it does beg the question why security concerns are not embedded in the normal way of doing things.

Answers on a postcard to the following address...

Anonymous Coward

A bit like

Postman Pat heading up the SBS.

I bet the guy at the top doesn't have a clue what is involved, oh he has people to do that. But as always it begs the question what is Postman Pat up to of any value, just stroking his black and white cat?

Flame

I know why they failed.

They keeep hiring people who know nothing about computer security.

Hire someone who has like 5 different certifications and other microsoft certs and I bet you everyone on the way down will have at least an A+ certification.

I am sick of seeing people hired in a hi tech company who have never used a mouse before.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums