Eee PC maker Asus will release a Google Android-based smartphone during the first six months of 2009. So say unnamed company sources mentioned by DigiTimes, which suggests there's something in the claim. It's also said that the phone could initially appear only in Asus' native territory, Taiwan. Later, it may be tweaked for …
Stop encouraging El Reg!!
re: Picture Caption
Douglas Adams had it:
"Your plastic pal whose fun to be with"
Oh, not that kind of cuddling.
who cares about the phone
Its' nice to see the Eee babe again.
I saw an Asus 'netbook' (I forget which one as they do so many now) TV advert the other day. If they produce a reasonable looking device, not too simple, not too geeky and with a camera to please the happy snapper/slapper crowd then it may take off if they advertise it on TV!
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE