Want to cut the power consumption of your laptop's display? Post-it purveyor 3M has a sheet of film which, it claims, will do just that. The Vikuiti Brightness Enhancement Film - Reflective Polarizer (BEF-RP) allows a laptop's backlight brightness to be reduced without sacrificing the light coming out of the screen. The film is …
So now we're going back to the days of atrocious viewing angles to reduce power wasted. Well, it makes sense for laptops for personal use, but not so much for TVs
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone