Want to cut the power consumption of your laptop's display? Post-it purveyor 3M has a sheet of film which, it claims, will do just that. The Vikuiti Brightness Enhancement Film - Reflective Polarizer (BEF-RP) allows a laptop's backlight brightness to be reduced without sacrificing the light coming out of the screen. The film is …
So now we're going back to the days of atrocious viewing angles to reduce power wasted. Well, it makes sense for laptops for personal use, but not so much for TVs
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- AT&T adds 61¢ 'Mobility Administrative Fee' for users
- Updated Reports: New Xbox could DOOM second-hand games market