back to article Humax names Freesat HD DVR debut date

Humax is to release its long-awaited Freesat-branded HD-capable DVR next month. The Humax Foxsat-HDR packs in a 320GB hard drive and a pair of tuners for recording one show while watching another. The manufacturer said the machine will also auto-record series and store radio broadcasts on the drive. Humax Freesat HD DVR …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Mmmm...

So far I have resisted buying a brand name DVR due to new HD services on DVB, now this Freesat offering is tempting... Really happy about twin HD tuners, going to need some more stats and a picture of the Human interface device (the remote) too though before I part with the folding...

2. TimM

If...

If it has none of the bugs plaguing Sky HD, and an interface and features more akin to the magnificent TiVo than the awful rubbish Sky provide, then I'm sold.

(well, nearly, Freesat still lacks some channels I'd like, especially in the HD department!!).

3. Scott Mckenzie

Still no info on the Humax website though!!

Other than the release date as being mid November, there is still no info, screenshots, manual or anything on their website....

Grrrrr!!!!!

Apparently it comes with an HDMI lead in the box too, which is rare and surprising in modern society!

4. Bob H
    Go

@Scott

Scott,

Humax have a policy of not putting the manuals online until a product is released, there might be some change or issue with the screen shots and expectation might get the better of consumers. I actually struggle to understand why people want the manual before the product other than to feed their appetite.

Plenty of information has been gathered by people who have been lucky to see the product at recent trade shows and through discussion on forums. Perhaps you need to take a look around the internet? As for screen shots, well it is the same as the Foxsat-HD in the core software, just expanded with more recording features.

Bob H from Humax

5. John McKay
    Thumb Down

Why can't they have the courtesy to respond?

Wouldn't it be nice if Humax had the courtesy to at least respond to mail sent via their 'contact us' button. And wouldn't it be nice if they could provide at least some details of a product we assume they'll release but clearly nobody can say for sure. Still we get really good advice like 'go search the forums' and 'go look up other internet sites' for a product we might release, and what it might look like that, but might not. What sort of advice is this? TOTAL RUBBISH that's what.

6. Kevin Bailey

Missing the DVD drawer

This looks like exactly the right unit to get for subscription free HD telly. The HDMI connection is crucial to making HD broadcasts *look* like HD.

However, an inbuilt DVD player/recorder would be extremely useful.

We've had a Sony RDR-HXD860 for the last year or two and it's been fantastic. The real brucie bonus though is the ability to copy films off to DVD. This means we can archive the various kids films off for our lit'lun and make copies for her friends. It all being in the same box makes it really easy to do.

It's also really useful to be able to record hours and hours of late night music from the radio stations and then take the DVD into work to play. Of course, using re-recordable DVD's means that you can record a new show over the last one if you want.

This topic is closed for new posts.