America has gone one better than Germany in the race to develop the world's most powerful submarine-launched robot aircraft. US arms giant Raytheon has announced a model which can be deployed at depth without modification to the submarine. The new U-UAV is dubbed SOTHOC, for Submarine Over the Horizon Organic Capabilities. The …
And clever thinking.
Yes, you could launch a canister from a torpedo tube, but I'm betting the waste disposal is a lot quieter. And a lot less likely to be heard as a declaration of war.
Flying submarine? Not quite
but nice try
Silly me. I thought UAV meant Unmanned aerial vehicle.
You mean rat's brains?
I don't get it?
How does the data get from the UAV back to the submarine without the submarine raising it's antenae?
The submarine raises it's antennae for a few minutes, when convenient, for a quick handshake and download.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests