America has gone one better than Germany in the race to develop the world's most powerful submarine-launched robot aircraft. US arms giant Raytheon has announced a model which can be deployed at depth without modification to the submarine. The new U-UAV is dubbed SOTHOC, for Submarine Over the Horizon Organic Capabilities. The …
And clever thinking.
Yes, you could launch a canister from a torpedo tube, but I'm betting the waste disposal is a lot quieter. And a lot less likely to be heard as a declaration of war.
Flying submarine? Not quite
but nice try
Silly me. I thought UAV meant Unmanned aerial vehicle.
You mean rat's brains?
I don't get it?
How does the data get from the UAV back to the submarine without the submarine raising it's antenae?
The submarine raises it's antennae for a few minutes, when convenient, for a quick handshake and download.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe