America has gone one better than Germany in the race to develop the world's most powerful submarine-launched robot aircraft. US arms giant Raytheon has announced a model which can be deployed at depth without modification to the submarine. The new U-UAV is dubbed SOTHOC, for Submarine Over the Horizon Organic Capabilities. The …
And clever thinking.
Yes, you could launch a canister from a torpedo tube, but I'm betting the waste disposal is a lot quieter. And a lot less likely to be heard as a declaration of war.
Flying submarine? Not quite
but nice try
Silly me. I thought UAV meant Unmanned aerial vehicle.
You mean rat's brains?
I don't get it?
How does the data get from the UAV back to the submarine without the submarine raising it's antenae?
The submarine raises it's antennae for a few minutes, when convenient, for a quick handshake and download.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars