Spanish newspaper El País last week tracked down 26 examples of Franco's "secret weapon" against Republican forces in the country's civil war - a cache of perfectly-preserved Enigma machines hidden for years in a "gloomy office" in the army's main headquarters in Madrid. Nationalist forces led by Franco acquired their first ten …
Enima Market finally Crashes
looks like the 2nd hand market price of these things finaly took a hit, much like the world economy.
i wonder how long it is before someone twigs that these machines were knocked up in a factory in china, as a exotic get rich quick scheme...
Mines the one with made in PRC stamped on the bottom... but in encrypted format
Is this how they discovered...
that Franco rigged the 1968 Eurovision Song Contest, robbing Cliff Richard of his victory?
Just searched Spain's tat bazaar.
18 lots, no code boxes
maybe next week
This was an act of kindness to prevent Cliff from winning!
Cbsdfmpob ufumqipof fydibohf
There was me thinking that Stalin was Franco's secret weapon in the Civil War.
After the war, the British kept secret their ability to routinely crack the Enigma and sold the Enigma as a commercial high-strength encryption system.
...can they run Crysis?
Half way out the door already.
26 enigmas ?
That's 2 Elgars in SI units.
26 enigmas? (part deux)
Actually they found 27, but one is the Enigma which I will not explain.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp