Delays to the latest version of Intel's project putting an open-source stack on its Atom processors have not deterred IT companies from early backing for the platform. Start-up Good OS has announced a relationship with MiTAC International to deliver its gOS Gadgets Linux operating system on a netbook based on Intel's Moblin 2.0 …
If thats a real boot time then woohoo
Why hibernate if the boot sequence is 5 seconds (I know, you get to keep your documents open - seriously how many do you work on?
I'd love a machine that booted that fast, I might even turn it off overnight. Shame most POST sequences take longer than that...
"boot time of five seconds"
Still not as fast as Apricot's "instant" start-up of Windows, but maybe they were exaggerating. I wonder..?
Mitac == Tyan
odd how brands shift and change, and then come back!
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad