Delays to the latest version of Intel's project putting an open-source stack on its Atom processors have not deterred IT companies from early backing for the platform. Start-up Good OS has announced a relationship with MiTAC International to deliver its gOS Gadgets Linux operating system on a netbook based on Intel's Moblin 2.0 …
If thats a real boot time then woohoo
Why hibernate if the boot sequence is 5 seconds (I know, you get to keep your documents open - seriously how many do you work on?
I'd love a machine that booted that fast, I might even turn it off overnight. Shame most POST sequences take longer than that...
"boot time of five seconds"
Still not as fast as Apricot's "instant" start-up of Windows, but maybe they were exaggerating. I wonder..?
Mitac == Tyan
odd how brands shift and change, and then come back!
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln