Delays to the latest version of Intel's project putting an open-source stack on its Atom processors have not deterred IT companies from early backing for the platform. Start-up Good OS has announced a relationship with MiTAC International to deliver its gOS Gadgets Linux operating system on a netbook based on Intel's Moblin 2.0 …
If thats a real boot time then woohoo
Why hibernate if the boot sequence is 5 seconds (I know, you get to keep your documents open - seriously how many do you work on?
I'd love a machine that booted that fast, I might even turn it off overnight. Shame most POST sequences take longer than that...
"boot time of five seconds"
Still not as fast as Apricot's "instant" start-up of Windows, but maybe they were exaggerating. I wonder..?
Mitac == Tyan
odd how brands shift and change, and then come back!
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars