Anti-trust regulators have rejected Google's bid to become czar of all the online Russias. In July, Google sealed a Microhoo-esque deal with Russian search engine Rambler Media to acquire its ad unit, ZAO Begun. But as reported by Reuters, Russia's Federal Anti-monopoly Service (FAS) has blocked the $140m handshake. According …
They don't control the prices on their ad system i do.
Sounds like Google?
It also sounds like Russia - not enough palms greased, it seems...
Google believes in market forces!
£2.50 for an ad on linear algebra on a maths site. I genuinely believe google don't control the prices. The fact that there was NO ONE ELSE advertising with these keywords is irrelevant. The fact is that market (consisting of me) forces dictate these prices and they were fair and competitive....hmmmm....
In Russia, google search you...
Tragic futures market
Does the USA, UK, etc need 70+ years of totalitarianism and state-sponsored genocide of its own people to appreciate what monopoly power is?
By the defeaning silence on the new regulatory future of financial markets and the governmental response which is pure economic fascism - I would say, probably yes.
Lock down your systems, the bugs are about to come out to play. (That's the biological ones, not the IT ones).
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?