Amazon has launched a beta version of its Elastic Compute Cloud running Windows, while taking early steps to make EC2 appealing to business users. The company has begun offering the option of running instances on 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows with data backed up to the 64-bit edition of Microsoft's SQL Server database. …
little late to the party
How do windows licences work with this? Will amazon check or is it all up to the customer?
Its a little more expensive than the linux jobbies and the article doesn't mention anything about the types of virtual computer you can launch - single core, dual core , quad or eight cores - well amazon computing units i mean.
Tux , cause hes been running a big part of my business on ec2 for a while now without any problems.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders