Amazon has launched a beta version of its Elastic Compute Cloud running Windows, while taking early steps to make EC2 appealing to business users. The company has begun offering the option of running instances on 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows with data backed up to the 64-bit edition of Microsoft's SQL Server database. …
little late to the party
How do windows licences work with this? Will amazon check or is it all up to the customer?
Its a little more expensive than the linux jobbies and the article doesn't mention anything about the types of virtual computer you can launch - single core, dual core , quad or eight cores - well amazon computing units i mean.
Tux , cause hes been running a big part of my business on ec2 for a while now without any problems.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update