The Symbian Foundation, marshal of the open source world in which the dominant mobile platform finds itself, has appointed Lee Williams as Executive Director - though guru might be a better title for someone expected to lead a religion. Lee comes from Nokia - current owners of the Symbian OS - and will remain there as head of …
or hopefully not
I think they need evangelism like a hole in the head. They'll maintain their lead as long as people like me can purchase the handsets we want, and can laugh at the Jesus phone disciples and their quaint goings-on.
Oh so independent
This is looking more and more like a joke. And, il reggo, it sounds like your salaries are paid by Nokia.
"after what was apparently a rigorous selection procedure. "
Then add a few other propeller heads from Nokia to evangelise this "openness" and they will make Google/Android very happy.
Still only visions...
... as far as I could see. A rehash of the visions that were in vogue 5 years ago. Wasn't it time to show a developer who has made real money serving real customers? Nope, we got a social networking app that wasn't even native for S60. And a plea to the ecosystem not to screw the developers, which the ecosystem happily ignored.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report