Microsoft has come over all PC - gedddit?!?!? - by filing a patent application for technology that’ll stop you from swearing online. In its “Automatic censorship of audio data for broadcast” patent application, the firm describes how a real-time or batch-mode automatic censor could be employed to filter out “undesired words or …
Well at least the swearing
may get a little more inventive.
Most of the swear words are four letter Saxon words, so with that in mind, and the general acceptance of zut alors as being ok, I think this anti swearing thing is actually racism and a hate crime through le derriere.
Too long have the Saxons been under the yoke of the Normans, and whilst most have been bred out of the or into the country, just like China in Tibet, we should perhaps explore the possibility of bringing back the Saxon language and stop the persecution.
Is this the same Microsoft...
...whose foul-mouthed Santa chat robot had to be withdrawn...?
--Paris, parce que...
haven't we already had an article on this?
Enquiring minds want to know
How fucked up does a company have to be to try and patent something like that. And for a government to allow a company to rule out freedom of speech over their devises? what's next, M$ makes a phone and two people are having a heated conversation over it and for the most part all they will hear is beep beep beep you beep coward. I would rather be back in the stone age if this is what technology is coming to.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...