NEC has made its entry into the Small, Cheap Computer arena with a machine we hope is fashioned in a spirit of retro. The LaVie Light certainly has the look of one of those 'brick' notebooks from yesteryear. Had NEC dropped the trackpad and brought the keyboard forward over the wrist-rest area, the machine would have been a dead …
is it really called a "lavvy"? chortle.
Thank goodness they didn't look at the Osborne Portable!
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network