Ed Turney, a co-founder of AMD responsible for building the company's first sales team, died Wednesday in Cupertino California. He was 79. The cause was brain cancer, his brother George said in a statement. Born March 26, 1929, Turney joined the US Navy at the age of 18 after graduating high school. He was trained as an …
Thank you Ed.
From a loyal AMD customer, thank you for your work over the years. Keep cracking that whip from beyond the grave and make sure that they continue putting out awesome products!
AMD Plants all over San Jose
There are AMD fabs all over Silicon Valley. The place even has streets named after chip manufacture. The industry founders have left a lasting legasy. R.I.P Mr Turney..
Thanks Ed for producing a great alternative to the big boys and proving that even the little dude can make a difference
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?