After laying low for the better part of a year, the Warezov botnet is back - with some new tricks up its sleeve. In the past week, trojan horse programs that install the Warezov bot have been spotted on websites offering free MP3 downloads, according to Joe Stewart, director of malware research at security provider SecureWorks. …
The Storm botnet is no more (?). It's possible that the original Warezov was merely a Beta version that was withdrawn for improvement and Storm left as a development model. Now that Storm has served its purpose we have the upgraded and more efficient Warezov2.
Didn't you just know it was coming as soon as the 'security experts' started crowing about removing so much stuff from the net? Haven't they seen the movies where the baddies regenerate as the lawmen boast about it all being over now?
No, we're not a bunch of cynical bastards out here in the real world, just more hooked in to reality.
Well, we are talking about infected zombies here.
(the one with the umbrella corp logo on the back)
Atrivo / Intercage - Storm
Just a coincidence Intercage and Storm going dark at the same time?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning