George Kidd, boss of the premium rate regulator PhonepayPlus, has resigned. No official details have been given on the reason for his departure, but it's understood to be timed ahead of a series of new rules PhonepayPlus will impose in the next few months. Kidd led the regulator formerly known as Icstis for eight years, …
Don't expect George to buy a round in the pub on his leaving do...
He never did before, the tight arse
well he bought me lunch once...but I guess that was on expenses...which I guess in the end our company paid a bit for given the way ICSTIS was funded..
I think he/they did a pretty resonable job, given the constraints of ofcom and the money hunger operators turning a very blind eye to undesirables wanting to fleece punters...
Still anyone that was involved in the re-brand to phonepayplus shoud be given a good kicking,. It's a bloody stupid name, makes it sound like its one of the paypoint topup type places. Whenever I see It I still have to 'translate it' to icstis
colour me cynical
but will he be showing up as a poacher somewhere soon?
did he jump or was he pu...t on hold?
wonders.... where his NEXT job will be... BT perhaps?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!