Intel has pledged to wrestle supply and demand into alignment and ship enough Atom processors by the end of the year to meet its customers' needs. Speaking during the company's quarterly pow-wow with financial analysts, CEO Paul Otellini admitted that Intel hadn't produced enough Atoms during the chip maker's third quarter. “We …
If Atoms are cheap ...
... why are small cheap computers so expensive?
Sure there's profit
Intel said that the Atom chips deliver gross margins comparable to other Intel microprocessors. That's about 60% gross margins. So Atom is adding incremental profits that are expanding as the ramp meets demand by Q1 2009.
Put it this way: I'd trade my retirement fund for Intel's Atom profits any day.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast