Intel has pledged to wrestle supply and demand into alignment and ship enough Atom processors by the end of the year to meet its customers' needs. Speaking during the company's quarterly pow-wow with financial analysts, CEO Paul Otellini admitted that Intel hadn't produced enough Atoms during the chip maker's third quarter. “We …
If Atoms are cheap ...
... why are small cheap computers so expensive?
Sure there's profit
Intel said that the Atom chips deliver gross margins comparable to other Intel microprocessors. That's about 60% gross margins. So Atom is adding incremental profits that are expanding as the ramp meets demand by Q1 2009.
Put it this way: I'd trade my retirement fund for Intel's Atom profits any day.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base